Friday, October 4, 2013

In the Beginning


This year I have started a ten month internship through my church, called the Ignited Ministry Academy. My partner and I have been selected to be trained in Stage Tech. Stage Tech is basically the behind the scenes technology and crew behind any stage operation like: concerts, worship sets, conferences, etc. My partner, Sarah, is completely new to the tech world, wherein I am a relative veteran. So, as we do our projects together what I already know I will be teaching to Sarah, and what I do not know we will learn together.


My Partner Sarah


It has already been difficult, not because Sarah is hard to teach, on the contrary she is a great learner, but more so because our stage has received little maintenance as far as organization and inventory (our first two tasks). Needless to say, these tasks are tedious at best, personally, I hate tedious things. I am also finding that I am a weak teacher. I find myself missing teaching opportunities, either out of frustration or just plain not paying attention. I guess the biggest thing I am going to be learning this year is how to teach. I just pray that Sarah's learning will not be hampered by my lack of teaching skill.



No comments:

Post a Comment